This is an old-fashioned drink that can be comforting for the chilly weather. The rich aroma of cocoa would smell heavenly and would make your neighbours know you are making a lip smacking drink this winter. The rich and creamy flavour is a heavenly choice to warm yourselves up at any time of the day.
Unsweetened cocoa – 1/3 cup
White sugar – ¾ cup
Salt – a pinch
Boiling water – 1/3 cup
Milk – 3 ½ cups
Vanilla extract – ¾ tsp
Half and half cream – ½ cup
- Take a saucepan, mix the cocoa, salt and sugar, and mix well.
- Add boiling water to this mixture and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and keep stirring well.
- Now simmer and stir well for a couple of minutes.
- Make sure that it does not get scorched.
- Add the milk fully and heat well. However, take care that it does not boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and toss in the vanilla.
- Now divide the mixture in to 4 mugs.
- Now add the half and half cream to the mugs of cocoa and allow it to cool a bit to drink it warm.
Serve the drink in room temperature.