If you wish to serve your guests at the party something different than the usual cookies, then this short bread made with almonds is the right choice. These melt-in-mouth cookies are soft to munch on and are a delight for kids and elderly. You can either cut them using cookie cutter or roll them as logs to make it look different.
Butter – 1 cup
White sugar – ½ cup
Almond extract – 2 tsp
All purpose flour – 2 ½ cups
Granulated sugar – 1/3 cup
- In a big bowl, put butter and ½ cup sugar and almond extract and beat well until the mixture is fluffy and light.
- With the help of a wooden ladle add the flour and combine until smooth. Now divide the dough in to two parts and cover it. Keep it fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree F or 150 degree C.
- Dust the rolling surface with sugar lightly; roll the dough first one part about ½-inch thickness. Make use of a one ½-inch cookie cutter and cut the cookies.
- Arrange them in a cookie sheet that is not greased with an inch gap between them.
- Create an indent on the cookies with the end of a wooden ladle.
Bake for half-an-hour and serve when cool.