This is a crisp and gooey appetizer which is loaded with lots of calcium that is an all time family favorite. The pizza flavour of the cheese makes it a hit among the kids at home.
Whole grain melba toasts – 10 (blend into crumbs)
Wheat bread crumbs – 1/3 cup
Minced oregano – 1 tbsp
Freshly ground pepper – to taste
Cayenne powder – a generous pinch
Egg whites – 2
Egg – 1
Garlic clove minced – 2
All purpose flour – 1/3 cup
Skimmed mozzarella cheese – 8 sticks
Olive oil (cooking spray)
Marinara sauce – 1/3 cup
- Mix melba toast crumbs, bread crumbs, oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper together in a dish.
- Whisk the egg whites, full egg, garlic, pepper and kosher salt in a bowl.
- Put the flour and salt in a plastic bag, shake well, add cheese sticks to the plastic bag, and shake well until it is coated well.
- Dip the cheese pieces in the beaten egg mixture and then roll in the bread crumbs.
- Repeat step 4 again with the cheese sticks.
- Now place it in the parchment sheet and deep freeze from 20 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat oven and arrange sticks and coat with cooking spray.
Bake until golden and serve with marinara sauce.
Leave A Response »