This tomato based white fish is highly filling and can be served along with a light salad of vinaigrette and fresh vegetables and a hearty meal.
Butter – 2 tbsp
Chopped onion -2 ¾ cups
Chopped carrot – 1 cup
Chopped celery – ¾ cup
Minced garlic – 3 cloves
Tomato paste – ¼ cup
Dry white wine – 1 cup
Red potato Chopped and peeled – 2 cups
Water – 2 cups
Dried thyme – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Ground black pepper – ½ tsp
Clam juice – 2 bottles
Diced tomatoes – 2 cans
Bay leaf – 1
Halibut fillets, skinned – 2 pounds
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven on medium heat.
- Then add onion, carrot, garlic, celery to the pan and sauté for 10 minutes or till they turn brown.
- Add tomato paste and cook for one minute.
- Add wine and cook for a minute.
- Add potato, then toss in the seven other ingredients, and allow it to boil.
- Lower the heat and allow it to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add fish and cover the fish flakes when they get soft.
Test it using a fork and then discard the fork.