This main-course pizza is ready for the oven in just fifteen minutes and requires minimal effort. Made with a crust of cooked pasta and piled high with favorite toppings, you can’t imagine a yummy meal without this perfect pizza that is fast and fun to cook.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar (15 ½ oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups fusilli pasta or elbow macaroni cooked in unsalted water according to package directions and drained
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 can (2.8 oz.) French fried onions and ½ cup (1 ½ oz.) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Assorted toppings: sliced olives, chopped green pepper and sliced mushrooms
- Heat oven to 375°
- In a medium skillet, add brown beef and drain off any excess fat. Stir in some sauce and reduce the heat and simmer.
- In a medium bowl, combine hot pasta, eggs ½ can onions and Parmesan cheese.
- Spread the pasta mixture over a greased ½ inch pizza pan or a pie plate.
- Top this with the brown beef mixture and desired toppings.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and the remaining onions.
- Bake again, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until the onions turn golden brown.
- Cut into wedges and serve.