If you are planning to hold a Christmas party, the first thing that would cross your mind is what soup you should serve your guests. You can have a rich soup made from easily available ingredients that your guests would welcome heartily. The butternut squash soup has a thick texture with lots of flavour in every spoonful. This is a super easy soup that must be an instant hit with your judges.
Butter – 25 g
Small onion – 1 (chopped)
Celery – 1 stalk (chopped)
Carrot (medium) – 1 (chopped)
Potatoes (medium) – 2 (cubed)
Medium butternut squash – 1 (peeled & cubed)
Chicken stock – 500 ml
Salt and ground pepper – to taste
- In a huge pan, melt butter, cook onion, celery, squash and potatoes for few minutes or until brown.
- Add the chicken stock and cook the vegetables by bringing it to boil.
- Now lower the heat, put on the lid and simmer for 40 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Now allow it to cool for sometime and transfer it to a blender.
- Now pour this again to the pot and mix in the remaining stock, if any and check for salt and pepper.